A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Dragonriders of Pern (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Favorite Human Character? (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=1005)

monkeysrule Mar 25 2005 03:28 AM

Favorite Human Character?

what the title says ;)

I would choose Moreta because she sacrificed her life (perhaps not intentionally)to save Pern. Plus, she is the roundest (NOT literally--that would be Jora) character in any Pern book I've read so far. Some come close, though :D

Spaceman Spiff Mar 25 2005 04:10 AM

Re: Favorite Human Character?

Robinton. No question about it, I love his character. It's very difficult not to love him (unless they're thinking of the young 'perfect' Robbie, but that never phased me too much). Even though he is somewhat of a busybody, he's just so endearing.

Others that come close in my opinion are Moreta, because she's a very realistic woman; Lessa because she's so interesting to read, even when she is being stubborn; and Jaxom, just because :tilt:

granath Mar 25 2005 05:03 AM

Moreta, without question. A nice well-rounded character who didn't get it all her own way.

Hans Mar 25 2005 07:14 AM

I have a preferences for Harpers (cause my heart is more with them than the dragonriders or holders)...

So I opt for Robinton, Sebell and Piemur, those are my favourite characters!

c_ris Mar 25 2005 03:59 PM

I really didn't like Moreta much. At the top end of my list of favs are Nerilka, Piemur, N'ton and Robinton

Anareth Mar 25 2005 04:04 PM

Hm. Moreta, Capiam, Desdra (she so wears the pants in that couple)...oh, everyone in M:DLoP, really.

monkeysrule Mar 25 2005 08:48 PM

I liked Piemur better before his voice changed. He was a little rascal then but in RoP and WD and even DDrums he's too full of himself. Robinton, but not in MHoP. I liked pretty much every likable Weyrwoman excuding Lessa (who gets on my nerves) and Menolly. She would have made a good weyrsinger.

orangerider May 16 2005 05:43 PM

Ok, here's the list. Menolly, Debera, F'lessan, Tai, Jaxom, T'lion Readis, Robinton, and pretty much everyone else. My least favorites (I think there's a topic for that but I'll post them here anyway) are Aramina and Nerilka. Nerilka is pretty boring and Aramina is just plain evil in Dolphins. ,
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeysrule
I liked Piemur better before his voice changed. He was a little rascal then but in RoP and WD and even DDrums he's too full of himself. Robinton, but not in MHoP. I liked pretty much every likable Weyrwoman excuding Lessa (who gets on my nerves) and Menolly. She would have made a good weyrsinger.

c_ris May 16 2005 07:38 PM

How is nerilka boring? She is one of my favourite characters as she is fully rounded, and DOESN'T want to be a dragonrider! She does not yearn for something that she can't have!!!

Larra Dragonrider May 16 2005 08:48 PM

yeah, i can't see how she's boring

McClance May 17 2005 12:13 AM

Human characters...

So far:

Menolly
Alemi
N'ton
T'gellan
F'nor
Piemur
Iantine
Debera
K'tan
Alessan

Top favorite:

Menolly

Kater May 17 2005 12:41 AM

I would have to say Brekke or Menolly. I feel like I am more like Brekke and I admire Menolly for overcoming some of the obsticals that she did.

monkeysrule May 17 2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anareth
Hm. Moreta, Capiam, Desdra (she so wears the pants in that couple)...oh, everyone in M:DLoP, really.

There's a reason no one puts the colon between the M andthe D :D

Dragonsqueen May 21 2005 04:43 AM

:lol: hmm, what was his name? That little boy who started the Dolphins hall...he was a cool little scamp I thought :sneak:

granath May 21 2005 04:48 AM

Readis? I like him, although I don't like either Jayge or Aramina. Nerilka's good, though, and in spite of ending up married to a Lord Holder, her story's not all sweetness and light, and she doesn't get everything, unlike Jaxom who gets to be Lord and dragonrider, lead expeditions to the Red Star etc.

monkeysrule May 21 2005 05:56 AM

Here's a *short* list of the charaters I like...no specific order:

Ruth (but not Jaxom)
Debera/Morath
Moreta/Orlith
Leri/Holth
F'lessan/Golanth
Zaranth (but not Tai)
Torene/Alaranth
Carenath/(Sean only sometimes)/his firelizards
Sorka/Faranth/Duke
Bay Harkenon
Pol Nietro (sp?)
Sallah Telgar
Readis
Menolly/her ten firelizards
Piemur (only in DSinger and some of DDrums)
Alemi
Red Hanrahan
Tarvi Andiyar
Zi Ongola
And many, many more

Gilluin May 21 2005 08:56 AM

F'nor all the way. He is brave, handsome, honorable, happy-go-lucky, positive, and is not at all threated by or jealous of his brother. He is just happy with his place in life, except for that canth is a brown and if he had known KP's design from history he wouldn't have worried. In short nothing bothers this man :) Man if I where a green rider on in a mating flight before Breeke after all canth boasts there isn't a green he can't catch. :evil: :yum: :bouncy: :drool:

castel May 21 2005 12:44 PM

Favorites characters :

-Piemur

-F'nor

-Mirrim

-F'lessan

-Moreta

-Fandarel

Least favorites characters :

-Nerilka

-Jaxom (mister perfect :D )

-Bitra

Voila !! ^^

monkeysrule May 21 2005 09:12 PM

My all time least favorite: Lorana-Sue.

Dragongirl Sep 30 2005 08:38 AM

I reckon Lessa's cool. I can sorta relate to her as well. Especially with the whole 'Men if you don't like who I am then go screw ya selves' attitude in Dragonflight. Thats the one I use towards anyone of the opposite gender. You wanna wuv me ya gotta accept me!

McClance Sep 30 2005 07:56 PM

I also like...

T'lion
Readis II
Jaxom
F'lessen
Tai
K'vin

and

Paul Benden

:)

HyperrrMouse Oct 1 2005 01:04 AM

I liked so many!
-Lessa has to be up there, because while she seems difficult to get along with, she's strong-willed and intelligent. She helped me get the courage to grow a spine :D
-I love Moreta as well, so brave and well created.
-Menolly was neat, because she was close to my age at the time I read the Harpers Hall Trilogy.
-And Robinton of course, funloving, brilliant, and just incredible. I cried so much at his passing.

Dragongirl Oct 1 2005 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=HyperrrMouse]I liked so many!
-Lessa has to be up there, because while she seems difficult to get along with, she's strong-willed and intelligent. She helped me get the courage to grow a spine :D

Good on ya Hyperrrmouse!! You show everyone that noone gets the better of you! Ever!

Myt Mar 6 2006 02:21 AM

F'lessan
Piemur
Jemmy!
Robinton
Sebell
F'lar
Lessa
and surprisingly...F'nor?

Chimaerrha Mar 7 2006 05:44 PM

I love:

Piemur
Robinton talking about wine
F'lar and Lessa's banter

Keladry Mar 8 2006 05:02 AM

Jemmy's a favourite of mine too. I'm a fan of the minor characters
Sebell
Camo
I think Gemma would have been a good character.
Most of the other minor characters, which I am too tired to list now.

Falkieri Mar 22 2006 07:04 PM

Robinton
Jaxom
Paul Benden

Lady Maelin Mar 22 2006 10:52 PM

For me is has to be:

Menolly, for her bravery, and the wonder she showed us in the harper hall.

Iantine, he is a great aritst on Pern, I loved his tail of and artist adventure on Pern.

Becky Mar 23 2006 12:36 AM

Menolly and Robinton are my favorite Pern people. And almost every other character Anne and Todd have created. I love to hate the bad guys too, they're created so well! So I guess they are all my favorites! :)

Lady Maelin Mar 25 2006 02:30 AM

Bad guys, that is something that Anne does great!!!:good:

Lady Holdless Thella, she made my skin crawl. She was so bad she was scary, I loved her.:fiend: :eek: :fiend:

The number one baddie though, has to be Avril Bitra, she was fantasticly hedious.I believe these two put ole nasty Fax to shame, with how evil they were. :eek::crazy::eek:

Myt Mar 25 2006 05:49 AM

Toric is another baddie thatis done well