A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Book Collector's Meeting Room (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thread for committing to order the Stephensen-Payne/Benson bibliography (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2569)

Cheryl May 20 2006 01:53 PM

Thread for committing to order the Stephensen-Payne/Benson bibliography

As discussed in this thread

Here are the details on the booklet we're discussing:
Anne McCaffrey - Dragonlady and More - A Working Bibliography
by Phil Stephensen-Payne and Gordon Benson, Jr.

Published by Galactic Central - Bibliographies for the Avid Reader Volume 13

It is just a stapled paper booklet, but VERY full of information.

The last edition (the 4th) was done for 1996, but Stephensen will produce either an addendum sheet or a new version, if we have enough people commit to purchase a copy. If 10 people commit, we can get an addendum, and if 20 do, we can get a whole new addition. We're gonna take a month to collect orders, fyi.

Cost is £4 including postage for UK delivery or $6 plus postage for US delivery. We're checking on postage cost for the US, and pricing for Aus/NZ. Accepted forms of payment are UK cheques, UK/US/Euro cash or PayPal (only if backed by a bank account or PayPal balance, NOT a credit/debit card).

If you are willing to commit to purchase a copy (and we need real commitments, not mild interest), please post so here. If you are only interested in a fully new version and not just one with an addendum, please state that.

If you are not a registered member of this forum, you can still reply to this thread if you are interested -- just be sure to include a name and an email for contact purposes.

Here are pictures of what the booklet looks like (Thanks Tony and Hans):
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90...oM/AMDLAM2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90...oM/AMDLAM1.jpg

Commitments:
1 Cheryl
2 Maelin
3 Becky
4 Anneli
5 JJ
6 Matt
7 Hans (prefer all new edition)
8 SuzyQ
9 Cris
10 H
11 Jayru (new edition only?)
12 Cheryl again
13 Becky again
14 Matt again
15 SuzyQ again
16 Hans again
17 Maelin again
18 Oldrider
19 Apocalypse
20 Oldrider's friend

Hooray, we've made it to twenty!

Now, if anyone has a change of heart, please let us know ASAP

Cheryl May 20 2006 01:54 PM

Re: Thread for committing to order the Stephensen-Payne/Benson bibliography

I am commiting to buy, whether it be with an addendum or a fully new version.

Lady Maelin May 20 2006 02:27 PM

I will commit to also buy either way we can get it........with the addendum or the fully new version.:bouncy: :nod: :bouncy:

Becky May 20 2006 04:39 PM

Even tho I've got one I'll commit to buy a new one, either addendum or new edition, I need one to 'handle' I've got the original one in plastic to keep it nice. (hmmm, maybe I need to commit myself somewhere?) ;)

Thanks for posting this concise thread, Cheryl. It's much easier than my little notepad with names on it. Tho that was working. :)

Anneli May 20 2006 05:40 PM

I'm in :D

~(_'> May 20 2006 07:25 PM

I'm in. :)

mattv2099 May 20 2006 08:02 PM

I'll buy one just for the sake of trying to up the people count and the cheap price!

Hans May 21 2006 05:29 AM

Will buy one, preference for a complete, new edition.

Uhm, postage to Europe mainland? Will not be too much but as long as we are enquiring :)

Bagpuss May 21 2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans
Uhm, postage to Europe mainland? Will not be too much but as long as we are enquiring

Well, the copy I have *(4th edition)* is just 18 sheets A4 stapled, so you could always take 21 sheets *(allowing for the additions)* and an envelope along to your post office and ask how much to the UK! ;) :D

Hans May 21 2006 05:48 AM

I'm not sure that the Dutch rates will be the same as the UK rates, Tony, and it also depends if and how much this guy is charging extra for packaging?

I find our mail system expensive but lately discovered Royal UK Mail beats the Dutch Royal Mail hand down on the cost score :D

H May 21 2006 09:46 AM

I'm In! :good:

Jax May 21 2006 09:54 AM

Just out of curiosity, since I'm trying to save my money for my trip to the UK (and failing miserably :roll: ) How is this different from what Becky offers in that other thread for free? (I think it was for free, can't recall exactly!) I thought Becky's was comprehensive? :confused:

Bagpuss May 21 2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax
How is this different from what Becky offers in that other thread for free? (I think it was for free, can't recall exactly!)

Becky was charging for hers, Jax. http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2485
As to the difference......I've no idea.

Becky May 21 2006 11:35 AM

Postage to US/AUS/NZ has been posted in the COLLECTOR'S RESOURCES thread now. :)

Jax, my guide does include a wide range of collectibles, but it's not complete by any means. I used Phil's bibliography to help compile information, but both his and Hargreaves include more publications (they have just about every book that The Smallest Dragonboy was published in, but I don't) I do charge for the guide, but do include a small addendum sheet with it also.

Jayru May 22 2006 07:54 AM

Wonderful!!!!

I have been wondering where to get an updated version of this from, as I have two prior editions on my shelves.

Please include me as an interested person who love to see a new updated edition.

Cheryl May 22 2006 08:04 AM

Jay, just to be clear, we're not looking for "interest" but rather a commitment for purchase of either a fully updated edition or the current addition with an addendum sheet.

Jayru May 22 2006 08:31 AM

Then please accept my commitment to purchase a new copy of it

SuzyQ May 22 2006 10:40 PM

Count me in too!

c_ris May 23 2006 04:20 PM

I commit. :D

Becky May 25 2006 12:51 AM

Is #10 on the list 'H'? There's no name there and H isn't listed. :)

That gives us 11 so far, so the addendum is a go. :D But lots of time left to get the other nine.

Becky May 31 2006 02:42 AM

Anyone else interested in this yet?? We've got enough for the Addendum Sheet, but neet 9 more for a new edition. :)

Cheryl May 31 2006 08:08 AM

Do you think we (meaning you of course!) should let him know that we do have enough for an addendum sheet at this point, so he could start his research? He gets to do it either way now. :)

Becky May 31 2006 11:16 AM

LOL, Cheryl!!! I think I could shoot off an email to him to let him know. :D

(email sent!)

Lady Maelin May 31 2006 11:27 AM

It is too bad that we didn't get enough for a new edition. Perhaps more will sign up in a week or so still.

mattv2099 May 31 2006 05:36 PM

It's cheap enough that I'll buy two. Anyone else want two or three!!! New edition new edition new edition!!!!!!!!!

Becky Jun 1 2006 01:19 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh, my goodness, Matt!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's just too funny! Tho I'd probably go for two myself! :D Gotta have one to beat up and one to keep for 'good' . :lol:

Matt if you're serious about buying two let me know. I'm thinking if a few people will take more than one copy I'd be willing to buy about 5 myself. Then I'll have the extra available for folks in the future. I'd sell them back at the same price. I doubt that postage for 5 or so will be more than the one. I'll check to be sure tho. But those who have committed need to stay committed, I'm talking about buying enough to make it the 20 needed for a new edition.

mattv2099 Jun 1 2006 01:55 AM

I'm serious if it will raise the number to 20.

They're cheap enough. I'd buy 5 if that's what it took to get to 20!

totally serioius. 4 pounds is like 2 bucks huh?? so like 2 bucks each plus shipping??? tell me if i'm off here.

Just tell me how many I need to buy.

Becky Jun 1 2006 02:01 AM

Other way around Matt. 4 pounds is about $8 US. I've sent an email to Phil asking if postage for 5 would be much more than for 1. I'll let you know what he says. Thanks for being willing to help out and purchase more than one Matt!!!

mattv2099 Jun 1 2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelura1
Other way around Matt. 4 pounds is about $8 US. I've sent an email to Phil asking if postage for 5 would be much more than for 1. I'll let you know what he says. Thanks for being willing to help out and purchase more than one Matt!!!

I'd do two of them then. bummer I thought they were 2$ each. haha.

Becky Jun 1 2006 11:25 AM

Postage for the biblios doubles if you buy two, triples if you buy three, etc. So please consider that if you commit for more than one biblio. :)

SuzyQ Jun 1 2006 12:01 PM

If need be I would buy 2 as well - one to write on and one to save. Does that get us closer to the 20 for the new edition?

Becky Jun 2 2006 01:59 AM

SuzyQ, thanks for stepping up! We have 11 single orders, leaving us needing 9 more. If Matt, myself and you purchase two each that leaves us with 6 more to commit. We'll give folks some more time to commit tho. :) Fingers crossed for more collectors to decide they want this. :)

Cheryl Jun 2 2006 08:18 AM

I guess I'll go for two as well if need be to reach the goal of 20.

Becky Jun 2 2006 11:15 AM

With Cheryl taking two we're down to 5 to go! :D

Hans Jun 2 2006 11:30 AM

OK then, put me down for two too (of course this goes for a new edition only).

Lady Maelin Jun 2 2006 11:38 AM

Me to I will buy two also, you know I have to have one to scribble in anyways, so that makes us only a couple to left to go.

Unregistered Jun 2 2006 02:04 PM

Hi Cheryl,

Oldrider here.
Apocalypse and I will take one each, plus a third for a friend of ours.

I'll even pay for Jax's if that get her here sooner... ;)

Luff 'n' stuff,
Oldrider

Jax Jun 2 2006 11:44 PM

Hey!!! I'm doing my best!!! :razz:

Becky Jun 3 2006 02:03 AM

Ok, if my reckoning is correct, with the last post saying they'll buy 3, and Hans and Maelin are adding a second one to their purchase, we're at 20!! Yahoo!
Cheryl, please refigure that my count is correct and I'll email Phil to get started on the NEW edition! :D

Cheryl Jun 3 2006 08:15 AM

I reached the same tally, Becky, hooray!