A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Information Desk and Suggestion Box (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Drop-down-menus in italian (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=7047)

Dernok Oct 26 2009 06:02 AM

Drop-down-menus in italian

Despite having my language environment set to english i get drop-drop-menus - for "Private Messages" only! - in italian.

I guess that "Messagi rivicuti" and "Invia Articoli" _is_ italian... :)

Cheryl Oct 26 2009 08:09 AM

Re: Drop-down-menus in italian

Yeah, there's a glitch that's causing seemingly random menu items and button lables to be in different languages. I need to look into it still...

Lanen Oct 26 2009 09:31 AM

Cheryl - actually, I found it intriguing! :D

Anneli Oct 26 2009 05:53 PM

Ooh, sounds like fun :) *hurries off to see if any of them are in Norwegian or Hungarian*

jube Oct 26 2009 09:39 PM

Same here - at least one is learning what it actually means :D

P'ter Oct 27 2009 04:04 AM

... and I'm still getting 'é' coming up as a black diamond with a '?' in it (but only in drop down menus).

GinnyStar Oct 28 2009 02:49 AM

One time I think in came in Duch I think. "Shrug Shoulders"

Cheryl Nov 24 2009 10:56 PM

Can anyone tell me if they are still seeing these errors? I don't think I've managed to fix the issue yet, but I did just work on updating our language packs and forum templates, hoping that would solve the issue.

Hans Nov 25 2009 02:41 AM

I still see Italian in the PM screens menus and some German in our Admin panel.

Dernok Nov 25 2009 05:14 AM

My inbox is still named "Messaggi ricevuti".

Cheryl Nov 25 2009 06:19 AM

The interesting thing is that I removed the Italian language pack altogether, since we've never made use of it. I really should go search and see if this is a known bug.

Cheryl Nov 25 2009 09:44 AM

Aha!

I have found a way to seek out and delete the spuriously-labeled items in specific cases -- that is, the known funky ones we've found. I haven't found a way to simply search on all phrases that are globally replaced, so I've only gotten rid of the ones that have been reported.

So -- if you see a case where something is labelled in a foreign language, please report it here so I can seek and destroy it too! The most important thing to report is the exact spelling of the foreign word; details about where you ran into it are nice but not necessary. *wickedly gleeful smile*

P'ter Nov 25 2009 11:54 AM

Well the Italian has disappeared form my PM section and the little-black-diamonds-with-question-marks-in have gone from the café. :dance: :dance:

jube Nov 25 2009 05:11 PM

Shiver me timbers and here I was all set to report to el capitano Cheryl that mine was still in Italian - IT'S NOT, I'm back to speaking English ;)

Cheryl Nov 25 2009 05:20 PM

I fixed it, I fixed it! :dance:

There are still some errors in places, but they are not commonly run across. I will be hunting them all down eventually but for now at least the egregious ones are gone!

P'ter Nov 26 2009 03:24 AM

Hows about the chatroom?

Cheryl Nov 26 2009 08:47 AM

Need my husband to have time to look into the issue. He thinks we may have a setting wrong on our server.

Dernok Nov 26 2009 09:02 AM

No italian in my folders, neither! :) Well done! :good:

P'ter Dec 11 2009 05:21 PM

I suppose it's the time of year, but I keep hearing the Advent Sequence "Drop down ye menus from above ...."

skywaterblue May 14 2011 01:21 PM

Possibly an old topic, but mine is in German, I believe.