A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Petaybee and Acorna (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Acorna's Children Third Watch (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=4342)

Masterharper Bridget Aug 6 2007 08:50 PM

Acorna's Children Third Watch

Just got an announcement on-line from Author Tracker, at Harper Collins, of a book tittled Acorna's Children Third Watch being available now here in USA. I assume is the third book in the Series. The brief sysnopsis does not give much to go on, but I'm getting it as soon as I can get a little more put aside. Does anyone else have it yet?

Cheryl Aug 6 2007 09:47 PM

Re: Acorna's Children Third Watch

My copied arrived in the mail today! The book was released on July 31.

See this topic in the Announcement forum for other upcoming/recently released book news.

Pam Aug 16 2007 09:38 PM

Its on my wish list, but I won't get it until some present-buying person takes heart on me, so probably Christmas.

Topaz the Golden Aug 18 2007 01:29 AM

Have to wait for the paperback I just got the 2nd one. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. 3rd watch is on my wishlist from Amazon

Menderofillusions Aug 19 2007 02:49 PM

Got mine a week ago but won't be able to dive in until tomorrow. It should be the conclusion to the entire Acorna series. WOOT! that means Elizabeth and Anne put there heads together again... Conclusion to PTB next summer?

Cheryl Aug 19 2007 08:29 PM

Is it really meant to be the end? I figured they planned it to keep going on and on and... I haven't kept up with reading them in several years, though I'll get to the eventually...

Menderofillusions Aug 28 2007 06:39 PM

yep yep yep It is a conclusion and well done. I will give no spoilers. I think 12 books is a great number to stop on. (including the illustrated unicorn girl)
I still have not found a book of anne's that I did not like.

Becky Sep 13 2007 11:40 PM

I'm about half way thru the book. I do hope that it's the end because I don't like books that are a continuation of a prior book. That is one of the best things about the Pern books, most anyway, they each END. You don't have to wait for the ending in another book, then get hooked on that book and not have an ending till another book comes along. Ugh, they drive me nuts! Anne did Pern right by just coming up with other events but using the same characters.
Unfortunately I've read thru the last few books so quickly I don't remember them when the next book comes out. So I am a bit confused, but wanted to read an Anne book so just decided to go for it with this one. I'll have to read the first two after I get settled in the new house. Just to help this one make better sense. :)

Masterharper Bridget Mar 16 2008 04:50 PM

Finally got the books Third Watch, Malstrome, and Dragon Harper all in one shot, but don't know when I will get the chance to read them. But I am looking forward to the chance to relax with them whenever it comes.

Masterharper Bridget Jul 17 2008 03:09 AM

Finally got to read Dragons Harper and Third Wave this weekend. Appropriate that the founding father of Acorna's race is who it is, because out of the lot that person definately turned out to be the best of the bunch.(Even though I'll also agree, that individual could be a royal pain in the kester, at least there was more responsibility shown then by any of the others!)

GinnyStar Aug 16 2008 03:32 AM

Too true. What get me and the only way I seam to get it is to listen to it, sometime. :D

There are so many twist and turns that you don't know where they are going to end up! Along with some of the word are hard to say even in my own mind. Oh well, I guess when I get time I well have to finish listen to the book to perhaps undstand them better.