A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Exhibit Hall (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Pern Portraits by resident artist Lady Maelin (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2685)

Apocalypse Nov 2 2006 12:57 PM

Re: Pern Portraits by resident artist Lady Maelin

It's my turn soon! :party:

Mary Nov 2 2006 01:50 PM

Thank you so much for adding me to your list Maelin. I will get the photos to you in the next couple of days.

Lady Maelin Nov 2 2006 07:42 PM

@ Apo, Not quite yet, I still have to do Kesal first. Then you Madam!!!:notme:......:lol:

@ Mary, your welcome and I will be looking forward to getting your photo, and information.:good:

Kat Nov 2 2006 09:02 PM

Apo did say soon. :notme:

And we wouldn't dream of rushing genius. nope not us.

Plus it's just like Christmas or birthdays... you're excited just a the thought of the present.

And present they are.

Menderofillusions Nov 3 2006 01:53 AM

Wow Maelin... all of these are so beautiful. You should be getting comission on these. You really capture peoples personality. I have only taken two good pics in my life. I always have racoon eyes and I hardly wear makeup. I would like to one day have a portrait where I did not look like richard o'brein from the rocky horror picture show. Maybe after Ive been here awhile I'll have ya put me on the list.

Apocalypse Nov 3 2006 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Maelin (Post 52707)
@ Apo, Not quite yet, I still have to do Kesal first. Then you Madam!!!:notme:......:lol:

@ Mary, your welcome and I will be looking forward to getting your photo, and information.:good:

:lol: I know - I'm SOON, not next :D

Lady Maelin Nov 5 2006 03:12 PM

@Apo, Soon my dear "Madam", soon :D :nod: :D

@Mender, I NEVER take money, comissons, or any kind of payment for my member portraits. I love it here on MoM, with all of the friends I have made, and very much enjoy hearing how happy they get when they see their respective portraits that I have done for them.
When you have been here for a while, and still want to have me create a member portrait for you, just go to the start of this thread and send me a good close up photo or your face, and the rest of the information needed, and I will be glad to do one for you also:)

Menderofillusions Nov 6 2006 01:55 AM

I am in awe Maelin... That would be like getting to go to my first con or signing and getting to shake Anne's hand and tell her thank you for the wonderful worlds she has shared with us....OH Great!...the hubby just asked me why I was crying (He just bought 23 more Anne books for me today) I told him about the drawings (showed him your work) and how much I would miss the storyteller when shes gone... Now we're both crying!...Damn saps! LOL someday I may just take you up on your offer Maelin.

Lady Maelin Nov 6 2006 01:14 PM

Mender, Now now dear...here's a hanky. Thank you for your very nice compliments on my art work. Meeting Anne was a major high point in my life also...as was getting to meet so many of the MoM members at the L.A. World Con... we all had so much fun together.

Say have you gone and looked at those photos yet?

Congratulations on being gifted the books that you needed of Anne's, by your loving husband.

PernesePhoenix Nov 8 2006 08:52 AM

ooooo i am so jealous, but cant make the list yet. i have yet to meet the requirements. You do work wonders with a pencil Lady Maelin

Lady Maelin Nov 8 2006 11:50 PM

Thank You Phoenix, for the compliment, just hang around and enjoy the wonderful membership here, and all their interesting posts. Make a few of your own, and have fun...thats what we do here have a lot of fun together.

PernesePhoenix Nov 10 2006 09:10 PM

You are welcome m'lady. I had a question...."How long do you think it would take to make it to the end of your list?" but then I realized that I would have to wait two months, which would be jan 1st or so, so it is pointless now. other than of course for general reference. lol. not as though this hasnt made one of my daily stomping grounds when i go online.

Lady Maelin Nov 12 2006 01:06 PM

Phoenix, It will take you a bit to be eligible for a member portriat. It will also take me a bit to finish the members portriats that are on the list already. When you have been here long enough then you can come in and put your name on the list...Happy to see you are enjoying the portraits!!!

Lady Maelin Nov 13 2006 10:55 AM

ATTENTION: I will no longer be taking any additional member portraits until sometime after the first of the year. I will be finishing the ones that I have photo's and information on....Maelin.

Kat Nov 14 2006 06:03 PM

Certainly understandable Lady M what with the holidays and all.

Take your time with mine,I'm just honoured to make the list

Lady Maelin Nov 15 2006 10:17 AM

Thank you Kat for your understanding and patience it's appreciated ;)

Dragongirl Nov 21 2006 07:35 PM

*starts running around excitedly* I cannot wait to see mine! I is so excited!!:D :D

Lady Maelin Nov 21 2006 09:22 PM

Sammy,:wave: Just a few more day now, and you will be able to stop running in circles.:horsey:

P'ter Nov 22 2006 02:24 PM

Yeah! We'll nail your other hoof to the floor too!

Lady Maelin Nov 23 2006 12:40 AM

Now, Now Peter,:irk: no nailing feet in here please...that would be way to cruel with all the nervous pacing :horsey: that they do while waiting for me to finish the portraits.:lol:

Dragongirl Nov 23 2006 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P'ter (Post 55495)
Yeah! We'll nail your other hoof to the floor too!

*:poke: at Pete* You'd never do that to me...:bouncy: I'm too adorable...aren't I? *hides behind Maelin*

P'ter Nov 23 2006 03:01 PM

Sorry that one was from a collection of mummy mummy "jokes" current some time back.

Others went:-

"Mummy, mummy; can I play with Grandma?"
"No. you've dug her up once already this week." :ugg:

"Mummy, mummy; I hate my sisters guts."
"Well keep winding, or you won't get your new jumper." :faint:

Dragongirl Nov 24 2006 02:01 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Lady Maelin Nov 24 2006 10:53 PM

Sorry Peter, but Dragongirl won't be running around in here any longer...I put her portrait up today. So now she will have to go and read your funny jokes in the Gameroom.

Dragongirl Nov 24 2006 11:12 PM

:D *huggles* I love you Maelin! *darts off to find portrait*

P'ter Nov 25 2006 04:04 AM

Lady M: Most of the other 'mummy mummy' jokes are too rude for an open forum, so I won't be posting THEM anywhere ROFL

Apocalypse Nov 25 2006 04:56 AM

It's my turn! :lol:

Lady Maelin Nov 25 2006 12:33 PM

APO...Not yet sorry...first I have to do Kesal's then your's. I will get to your's very soon though don't worry.

Apocalypse Nov 25 2006 01:50 PM

:( :D OK... so I have to wait some more...

Kat Nov 25 2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypse (Post 55769)
:( :D OK... so I have to wait some more...

*pat pat* but you know it'll be sooooo worth the wait!! :bouncy:

Apocalypse Nov 25 2006 07:00 PM

I do know that! :D I'm just 5yrs old on the inside! ;)

Lady Maelin Nov 26 2006 01:24 AM

@ Apo, Here's a couple of :cookie: :cookie: for that five year old while you wait.

Apocalypse Nov 26 2006 07:04 AM

Ooh... cookies! :D :gobble:

Lindsey Nov 29 2006 09:13 AM

*peeks in..*

Can I have a cookie too? :D

Lady Maelin Dec 1 2006 05:30 PM

Lindsey, Only if you become as :bouncy: as Apo gets..then yes you also may have a:cookie: or two :cookie:.......:lol:

Apocalypse Dec 2 2006 04:59 AM

:bouncy: :D

P'ter Dec 2 2006 05:42 AM

Apo: perhaps I should nail YOUR feet to the ceiling?

Too many E numbers in your diet?

Apocalypse Dec 2 2006 06:43 AM

That sounds rather painful! No E numbers in this house - it's all natural! :bouncy:

Lindsey Dec 2 2006 09:59 AM

:nod:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :lol:

I want a pretty picture from you too Maelin! I've been over at the NKT for aaaages and joined MoM awhile ago.. I just haven't been posting much. :blush:

Hopefully by the time you're taking more names in the new year I'll be all qualified and stuff. :D

kc Dec 2 2006 12:53 PM

Maelin

I'm still thinking and will wait patiently for my turn when I do let you have my details. Although :cookie: sounds nice ;)

Could you email that photo to me to look at. I'll pm my email address.

:group:

Kath