A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Exhibit Hall (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Pern Portraits by resident artist Lady Maelin (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2685)

Dragongirl Aug 1 2006 12:54 AM

Re: Pern Portraits by resident artist Lady Maelin

We'll be thinking of you, Maelin:group: :wekiss:

Hans Aug 1 2006 02:37 AM

You mean... you mean

You've done all these wondeful, fantastic portraits on just one eye? :faint2:

:grin:

Lady Maelin Aug 1 2006 03:38 PM

Hans, Thank you for the sweet praise, and oh you betcha,;) winking my one good eye at you!! Soon hopelfully, I will be working on the portraits with my two good eyes :eek: :lol: :eek:............:bouncy: ???

Cheryl Aug 1 2006 04:23 PM

It does make you wonder just how good she'll be once she's got both eyes in proper working order.

*wanders off muttering about needing an excuse for a new portrait in a couple months*

Becky Aug 2 2006 09:46 AM

Maelin, speedy recovery when this is done! It truly is amazing what talent you have and we will be thrilled to see what comes from TWO wonderful eyes! BIG HUGS to you, Lady!

P'ter Aug 2 2006 05:30 PM

You mean that we'll no longer be two dimensional?

:notme: *Only funning Lady M. My father-in-law was one eyed (lost in the war) and it didn't seem to make much difference to him* :brow:

Lady Maelin Aug 5 2006 01:35 PM

P'ter, I don't think it will make any difference with me either, one eyed or two, I think I will still see the world with a little more slant than other people do.:lol: :lol: :lol:............:faint2:

Lady Maelin Aug 5 2006 01:42 PM

Thank you one and all for the wonderful consern with my up coming operation. It will all be fine I am sure, and as soon as it is all over, I will be back to work with the member portraits. Probably not quite as often as before, so that I don't put any undo strain on my eyes for a while. I will continue to do all the members that sign up for a portrait, so never fear I will get to you sooner or later. I know, I know.... SOONER not LATER.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

bisbe Aug 5 2006 08:06 PM

Thank you! Your portraits are lovely and I'm honored to be added to the list.
Betsy

Cheryl Aug 6 2006 06:49 PM

I've finally gotten the gallery pages updated (they'd been waiting since Edi's portrait). If anyone wants to check that all the hyperlinks go where they should, well that'd be swell! :D

Lady Maelin Aug 7 2006 02:34 PM

Thank you Cheryl, you have made such a lovely spot for everyone to go and see them all.:bow: :heart: :bow: I know everyone enjoys your hard work, especially me.:kiss:

P'ter Aug 7 2006 04:25 PM

Lady M: without the artist's hard work the gallery owner's work is in vain.

Lady Maelin Aug 9 2006 11:40 AM

Thank you P'ter, but without :nod: Cheryl's:nod: hard work, there wouldn't be anyone to know about all of this artist work, nor a place for you and the rest of the membership to go and see all of your Pern selves. I for one am very thankful for all of her hard work, and help.:bow: :heart: :bow:

P'ter Aug 9 2006 01:47 PM

It must be symbiosis. :rofl:

Cheryl Aug 9 2006 03:13 PM

And here I thought teamwork was an adequate word. Following Apo's words of the day is pumping up your vocab!

Lady Maelin Aug 9 2006 09:56 PM

Teamwork, I like it..it works for me...;)

P'ter Aug 10 2006 01:43 PM

No? I'm pushing her top greater heights. of choice, aren't I?

Another case of symbiosis.

Apocalypse Aug 30 2006 01:41 PM

Can I join the list, when the good Lady starts again? Pleaase?

Lady Maelin Aug 30 2006 11:19 PM

Apo, I would be very pleased to do your portrait...just send me all the information, and I will get to you I promise...it just might take me a little while to get to you. OK !!! I am going to have to baby my eye for a while,:roll: not to much work at one time under the bright lights,:eek: so I will be slower getting them done for quite a while.:sleepy:

Apocalypse Aug 31 2006 03:45 AM

Lady M - let me know if the photos on my website (where you saw the other pictures) are good enough? Otherwise, I'll have to get Oldrider to take a better one on the weekend.
Don't rush - I know what it's like to 'baby' ones eyes... :hugs:

Lady Maelin Sep 29 2006 12:42 PM

Well I thought I would come in and update the list. I am finally getting back to work now...a tiny amount of time each day. I am curently working on Anareth's portrait, it is going to take me a while yet to finish at this rate...but at least you will all know I am working again.

This is the list as it stand today:
Lily
Dragongirl
Kesal
Jube ( I still need a close up photo and info before I can do your portrait)
Bisbe ( still need the photo and info on you too)
Apocalypse
kc (need photo and info)

Thank you all for being so very patient with all the waiting....and the good thoughts you have all sent to me for my recovery.

Shalyn Sep 29 2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Maelin (Post 49605)
Well I thought I would come in and update the list. I am finally getting back to work now...a tiny amount of time each day. I am curently working on Anareth's portrait, it is going to take me a while yet to finish at this rate...but at least you will all know I am working again.

Matt
Lily
Dragongirl
Apocalypse

Thank you all for being so very patient with all the waiting....and the good thoughts you have all sent to me for my recovery.

Does this mean you've already done Anareth's? Because she was after Spiff and before Matt . . .

Or did you not get a picture from her?

(I can't ask her at the moment - she's at work.)

Cheryl Sep 29 2006 03:30 PM

Shalyn - Lin said in the first para that Anareth's is in progress.

Shalyn Sep 29 2006 05:04 PM

Oops. :blush:

Hmm. My eyes have been itching horribly today. Must have affected my ability to read. And here I thought it was just allergies.

Lady Maelin Sep 30 2006 05:01 PM

Shalyn, Don't talk about itchy eyes:eek: ...P L E A S E...:eek: Martin threatened me with the kitchen mitt and duck tape thing that they did to Pheobe in Friends, when she had the Chicken Pox and was so itchy...aaarrrrggghhh !!!

I am working on Anareths now today...I am on a short break as I put this up, and it will take me a bit longer than normal to get it finished for her....patience...please...I am drawing as fast as these ole eyes will alow... but I:erm: had to do quite a bit of research on this one...before I could even get my pencils out.:roll:

Lily Sep 30 2006 07:21 PM

You are not trying to do too much still I hope?
Nothing is more important than getting your eyes right!
The portraits will be even more valued for knowing your eyes feel good to you so you can work at your best!

(Wouldnt a numb-weed soaked cloth be lovely some times)

Anareth Sep 30 2006 08:52 PM

The worst thing to say to someone who wants to scratch....don't scratch! (I have a contact dermatitis thing on my fingers sometimes--scratching makes it worse.)

No rush on my account...I have to force myself to focus and paint a Christmas bulb tomorrow as I'm a terrible slacker on things like that. Need to do it for a charity auciton, and I'm not even sure what I'm going to paint yet.

AnnMarie Oct 1 2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anareth (Post 49739)
No rush on my account...I have to force myself to focus and paint a Christmas bulb tomorrow as I'm a terrible slacker on things like that. Need to do it for a charity auciton, and I'm not even sure what I'm going to paint yet.

A dragon with a candy cane!

bisbe Oct 1 2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Maelin (Post 49605)

Matt
Lily
Dragongirl
Apocalypse

Maelin-you have plenty of time to do mine.
Besides you need to take it easy for a while yet and let your eye heal.
:group:
Betsy

Anareth Oct 1 2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnMarie (Post 49746)
A dragon with a candy cane!

LOL, nah, it's for cat people. I ended up mirroring and flipping their logo (a silhouette of a cat and a kitten looking at each other) and doing them in colors (black, an orange and white tabby, a gray, and a tortie) around a Christmas tree, and the reverse says "Have a Purr-fect Holiday" "MRFRS Fur Ball 2006". They're the cat rescue I got one of my kitties from (he's the fuzzy gray kitten on the front of the bulb.)

Lady Maelin Oct 3 2006 06:52 PM

Anareth, good luck with the ornaments...it is for a really good cause.

Dragongirl Oct 3 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisbe (Post 49782)
Maelin-you have plenty of time to do mine.
Besides you need to take it easy for a while yet and let your eye heal.
:group:
Betsy

Yeah Lin, I'm not fussed about when I get mine either. Nothing is more important than getting better
(Though perhaps I'm a filthy hypocrite for saying that, as I'm horrible at sitting down, shutting up and getting better:grin: )

Lady Maelin Oct 4 2006 11:19 AM

Dragongirl, You need to take care of yourself too. I am getting better everyday, and perhaps you will be patient enought to rest when you should and take it easy for a bit longer, so that you will be able to do whatever you want soon too. I do appreciate your patience with me...I will be getting to your portrait soon I promise.

kc Oct 4 2006 03:44 PM

Lady Maelin would it be okay if I got added to the bottom of your "to do" list?

Lady Maelin Oct 5 2006 01:03 PM

kc, I would be honored to do a portrait of you...just follow the yellow brick road...ie send me all the info and a large(at least 5x7 PLEASE!!!) close up of yoursefl....and I will put you on the list now !!!

Kesal Oct 6 2006 05:54 AM

Hey there, just wanted to check where I am in the list :)
I'm not trying to hurry you at all! Just curious.

Lady Maelin Oct 6 2006 02:51 PM

Kesal, I only have one speed...working as fast as I can !!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kesal Oct 8 2006 01:40 AM

Oh, I understand that! :) I only ask because I don't appear in the list!

Lady Maelin Oct 8 2006 03:36 PM

Kesal, OH MY!!! I am so sorry, I forgot to put your name back on the new list. Don't worry though...I already have all of your information in my notebook, and in the proper order to be done. Again I am really sorry if it gave you any upsetting moments thinking I had forgot you. I even have an extra picture in your file of a lovely dark green cape that I took at the World con, thinking how nice it would be to put on you in your portrait.

Kesal Oct 9 2006 04:28 AM

that's ok, really ;) I knew it wasn't on purpose!

Love your work!