A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Elizabeth Kerner (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   The fingers said: we'll be back... news is here! (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=7776)

Hans Aug 8 2010 04:45 PM

The fingers said: we'll be back... news is here!

Yes, after much ado (about many things for a change and among which carpal tunnel release surgery, hence the title) our esteemed in-forum author (oops, one of them I should say) has delivered to her webmaster's hot little hands a (digital) sheet with news, right from the dragon's lair!

So swiftly go to http://www.elizabethkerner.org/news.html to keep on top of the news about Kolmar books and other things!

kevia Aug 8 2010 09:10 PM

Re: The fingers said: we'll be back... news is here!

Thanks for keeping us up to date Hans!

Lanen, glad you are better and back to being able to type again!!!!!

Samsara Aug 9 2010 01:07 AM

Yeah, Carpal Tunnel sucks. Mum had it in both hands. Hope you are feeling better, Lanen! And thanks Hans for keeping us posted.

jube Aug 9 2010 02:48 AM

My hairdresser has Carpal Tunnel syndrome and she says it's not the greatest at times. Good luck Lanen and hope your week off earns some much needed rest as well as the clean-up is not too bad.

Lanen Aug 11 2010 04:44 PM

Thanks - I'm going back for a check-up next week, as there are bits of the healing that don't seem right. I'll let you know.

I'm actually looking forward to the clean-up - it can be a real tonic to have to figure out how to fix what the editor wants fixed! :D

GinnyStar Aug 12 2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanen (Post 166928)
Thanks - I'm going back for a check-up next week, as there are bits of the healing that don't seem right. I'll let you know.

I'm actually looking forward to the clean-up - it can be a real tonic to have to figure out how to fix what the editor wants fixed! :D

Good luck, I am feeling better but still not at full power not carpal tunnel syndrome, but only time well help so that good to hear!

eann Aug 14 2010 06:36 AM

Glad you're better, Lanen. That stuff hurts. Hope you make a full recovery and are back pounding keys soon. I have tendonitis I try to be careful of, though not carpal tunnel--my current little passtime of converting backlist to ebooks is being pretty challenging of the hand muscles and bones and other handy bits.

Lara Aug 14 2010 07:15 PM

All the best Lanen - looking forward avidly to the next book!

Lanen Aug 19 2010 12:41 AM

Thanks Lara - me too, but my next is not necessarily the same as yours! ;) :D

P'ter Aug 19 2010 10:24 AM

Lanen: you having a late night or an early morning?

Lanen Aug 19 2010 12:20 PM

far, far too late a night...

P'ter Aug 19 2010 06:54 PM

Logically therefore you weren't doing anything fun ehough to make it worthwhile! :D

Lanen Aug 21 2010 07:31 PM

True - had had coffee at 9pm, to stay awake on the drive home from my chorus rehearsal 50 miles away, and unfortunately the coffee worked REALLY well.

P'ter Aug 22 2010 06:26 AM

Glad I'm on de-caff

I'm getting fed up with buying new books and having to proof read them: started one yesterday and found

"'I think I'll get a stick too,' said Benni heading for the same small copes."