A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Games and Miscellany (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Game: The Last Letter - Word Game (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=5946)

Sandi Dec 9 2009 01:55 PM

Re: The Last Letter - Word Game

Rarely does somebody really get a surrender from our P'ter in a word game!

jube Dec 9 2009 05:39 PM

You have to be kidding, P'ter, who's youthful mind is stumped....umm that is most unusual....the implications could be almost as long as the Yarra River :D

Sandi Dec 9 2009 10:26 PM

Unless less clever answers are being posted to lull us into a false sense of security.

spacedog Dec 10 2009 03:46 AM

Sticky sugar-coated stamps of approval perhaps?

P'ter Dec 10 2009 05:50 AM

Yuck!!! Sounds like my youngest grand-daughter has been kissing you.

Sandi Dec 10 2009 04:05 PM

Yesterday my grand- kid said round stickers stick better than square ones. :confused:

P'ter Dec 10 2009 05:33 PM

Duh!! Course they do. They're harder to get off again. They're rather deficient in corners to get a nail under

Sandi Dec 10 2009 08:46 PM

How observant that you noticed that! I'd never thought about it that way before.

P'ter Dec 11 2009 06:35 AM

Well, thanks. I'll accept your adoration and stand real tall (till somebody sticks another pin in my ego).

jube Dec 11 2009 06:01 PM

We still love your witti-cism's, P'ter, though I'm not sure about sticky fingers from grandkids. I've still got to deal with an 11 year old and not leaving him to his own devices which could lead him into trouble. Still trying to keep him on the "sane path of goodness", however teenage angst has not hit him yet.

P'ter Dec 11 2009 06:09 PM

All teenagers get angst. Boys however tend not to make a fine art of sulking for days on end. If he does you can always tell him that you're going to refer to his room as a boudoir as that is French for a sulking room.

Sandi Dec 11 2009 09:06 PM

Sulking doesn't go only for boys. Teenage girls are champions at it!

Kugai Dec 12 2009 02:50 AM

One for the girls then.

jube Dec 12 2009 05:01 AM

Ergo! It ain't easy being green (Kermit the Frog) and even the big kids (adults) can still get sooky la-la.

Sandi Dec 12 2009 11:18 PM

Oh yes! Let something interfere with football on TV to see a good example of that!

P'ter Dec 13 2009 04:42 AM

Gosh! Do they have football on the telly? Already? Isn't science wonderful? They'll be showing golf matches next.

Sandi Dec 14 2009 12:38 AM

Could an entertainer ever err as much as the "sports casters" do and still remain on the air?

P'ter Dec 14 2009 06:48 AM

I wouldn't know.

I do remember a snooker commentator saying "... for those of you watching in black and white, the pink is just behind the green"; and somebody commentating on the Oxford v Cambridge boatrace "... I can't see who's in front but it's either Oxford or Cambridge."

The weather here has made a rapid return to rain, but with snow due later it would appear that the spirit of change will reign for some time.

jube Dec 14 2009 09:02 AM

Never the twain shall meet!

That'll be nought to football as that's over for AFL seasons 'till next year. It ain't cricket if it's not on telly and I seriously can't understand why people watch it. At least backyard cricket's more exciting then the garbage they show on tv. Probably get shot from the "Barmy Army" but they'll get over it, I'm sure! I prefer AFL myself.

P'ter Dec 14 2009 09:31 AM

I presume that that's with those Aussie rules?

jube Dec 14 2009 07:34 PM

Well I'll probably get shot from the American football fanatics as their "boys" have to ease into all that gear and it doesn't look anything like simple. They all look like they're going to belt each other up with more then just a football.

Sandi Dec 14 2009 08:37 PM

The energy exerted getting into all that seems daunting to me. I think the main purpose of all that gear is for the companies that make it to amass fortunes! (any hints that I'm not a sports fan?)

jube Dec 15 2009 08:46 AM

Yes, o exalted one, you give grand advice at times and it's now all dandy, not all of us are sports fanatics, prefering other endeavours instead.

Sandi Dec 15 2009 10:38 PM

Don't underestimate your own contributions, jube, my friend! I always enjoy your posts.

jube Dec 16 2009 08:56 PM

:D Thank you, hope you have an extra great christmas holiday and lots of rollicking good fun whilst doing it :D

Sandi Dec 18 2009 09:01 PM

I've kept away, giving others a chance to post but, since he, I mean to say, nobody else has, I'll just put in another :2cent:

AnnMarie Dec 18 2009 10:39 PM

That's yesterday's gander, Sandi. Look again.

Sandi Dec 18 2009 11:05 PM

Since sifting reading matter often leaves me confused, I have to ask. Is there a post between jube's and mine that my compy isn't showing me?

jube Dec 19 2009 07:10 AM

No I don't think it has since you followed me and now I've easily followed you in that time. "Curious and curious-er" said Alice. Go get the Mad Hatter, we may need him to wake AnnMarie the dormouse up.

P'ter Dec 19 2009 07:10 AM

Good Grief! If there is it's entirely missing on mine too.

jube Dec 19 2009 07:12 AM

Think we posted at the same time P'ter, this could be definitely a field game of over the yonder proportions......

Sandi Dec 19 2009 11:58 AM

You don't really need a field, just a compy!

P'ter Dec 19 2009 02:59 PM

Can Jube and I claim an undisputed record? We cross posted on three games: same times, same order. Can you beat that?

Sandi Dec 19 2009 08:26 PM

I don't even understand that! Must be some sort of psychic connection, considering the geographic distance between the two of you. Has to be a record. Even if it isn't we'll say it is anyway!

jube Dec 20 2009 03:47 AM

Great minds think alike, not that I can claim to be psychic or perhaps dazzling under the stars as they light up :bouncy: as christmas approaches.....;)

P'ter Dec 20 2009 09:21 AM

Knowing me, I'd say that we were thinking and going tappity-tap in tandem.

AnnMarie Dec 20 2009 11:01 AM

Good going, guys I think I am not totally confuzelled.

Sandi Dec 20 2009 02:55 PM

AnnMarie, you did good seeing you were faced with a string of Gs!

P'ter Dec 20 2009 07:25 PM

Definitely done good :nod:

jube Dec 21 2009 01:08 AM

Yes, she did it with ease and definitely good vibes.....:D