A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Games and Miscellany (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Game: The Last Letter - Word Game (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=5946)

Sandi Oct 12 2009 02:32 PM

Re: The Last Letter - Word Game

Saying why you think I've abandoned the game (and the forum). I'm sorry but Saturday morning I had to go to the ER with my contrary back and I've been dopey ever since. Hopefully I can be more fun in another day or two.

P'ter Oct 12 2009 05:23 PM

Sorry to g.u.y. you: but you really should be careful with all this riding around on dragons. No wonder your back is under stress. Take it gentler.

Sandi Oct 12 2009 09:48 PM

I'm rarely reduced to relying on drugs but when it came to the point of being unable to stand up straight or walk I had to do it. I won't take them any longer than I have to, though.

jube Oct 12 2009 10:57 PM

You need to dose up on numbweed if it's available or alternatively take the Earth version called Tiger Balm. Hope you're feeling better - maybe after a good night sleep and a massage.

Sandi Oct 12 2009 11:36 PM

I don't know what tiger balm is. Is it something you can use every day?

P'ter Oct 13 2009 05:01 AM

Sounds like you need as good Chiropractitioner. If you go, go soon. The fresher your damage; the shorter the treatment.

Tiger balm is massaged in (PLEASE don't ever take it internally!) Some people have a skin reaction to it (usually to the 'winter green')

Sandi Oct 13 2009 06:42 PM

It's a situation that's gone on for years. Several different complications that add up to a plain, old fashioned "bad back." Until recently, remembering what not to do has made it manageable. I just need to figure out what set it off this time. Probably turned over wrong in bed or something like that. It's starting to loosen up again now, thank goodness.

P'ter Oct 14 2009 02:02 PM

A common trigger is bending over to pick up a piece of paper! Regardless of gender: your back is not a well constructed lever.

Sandi Oct 14 2009 11:01 PM

Very true. My years as a range roving rider probably made their contributions, too. But I can still ride in cyberspace, not only on my trusty Paint but on dragons!

jube Oct 14 2009 11:13 PM

Easy going, red rover then. What P'ter said about Tiger Balm. I use it on my shoulder but that was because I was silly enough to try and dislodge a box that was viciously stuck in a conveyor belt and obviously it was too much for my poor shoulder because the muscles tore enough that ever since, it plays up. So I sorta know how you feel even if it's a different body part.:shhh:

Sandi Oct 15 2009 06:45 PM

You're going down a road that's familiar to me! It's amazing the things we can do to ourselves, even when we're old enough to know better.

P'ter Oct 15 2009 07:14 PM

But: living life trying to avoid all causes of injury is excruciatingly boring. Not to mention that, eventually, there'd be great hordes of medical and paramedical out of work with nothing better to do than sit around being nosy.

jube Oct 15 2009 07:23 PM

Yes as kids, we have the normal bumps, cuts and bruises and it's "Mummy, kiss it better" but now that we're not so young any more, it's more like "Doc, help me find something to make it better?" ;)

spacedog Oct 15 2009 10:46 PM

A certain Someone tells me to do that instead and she's supposed to be a grown up yet. Sometimes I think she's a bigger kid then our one.

P'ter Oct 16 2009 04:37 AM

At least she admits it! :D It's not just the educationally sub-normal who don't grow up.

jube Oct 16 2009 09:33 AM

Yes I'll admit it but only occasionally and I'm still figuring it out, like was I suppose to know about it? :D

P'ter Oct 16 2009 12:14 PM

"From the Gods comes the saying 'Know thyself'." So, yes; most of us know, or at least suspect, it inside, and enjoy the knowledge. Not many will own up.

Sandi Oct 16 2009 07:47 PM

For the young at heart age doesn't really matter anyway.

P'ter Oct 17 2009 04:54 AM

Tell that to all the females who spend their teens insisting that they're 'adult' and over twenty-one. And then, once they get beyond that milestone, spend the rest of their lives insisting that they're under twenty-one.

jube Oct 17 2009 05:33 AM

That, there teen was not me, have passed t.e.n. a couple of times or maybe more and this time, would I really admit it? :D

P'ter Oct 17 2009 06:56 AM

I cast my n.e.t. wide and look what I caught! Not an enlightening topic for a dinky dinner 'a deux'.

Sandi Oct 17 2009 11:53 AM

On the contrary, P'ter, the good character of MoMers can always be counted on for providing enlightening topics! (Such as your Plotbunny Strike) :D

P'ter Oct 17 2009 01:49 PM

I was endevouring to write a totally different story and that one just arrived rounded and complete.

I hope the one I was trying to write will eventually get posted. It started as another Byrt mystery but then the story took over in unexpected ways; for one thing it's much longer. And the crime is solved in a different way without him, although he is in the story.

Sandi Oct 17 2009 02:12 PM

That was a great story and I enjoyed it a lot! But I was hoping Byrt would get to divining who the real Irish Sean is! ;)

P'ter Oct 17 2009 02:38 PM

I'm sure I've seen something about that in one of Anne's great introductions.

Sandi Oct 17 2009 09:25 PM

The exciting thing about Plotbunny Strike is that is verifiable. I have a bookcover that is a picture of Anne and Gigi sitting at a table with Lessa and F'lar with Robinton providing entertainment. She apparently took an artist friend with her to document the event!

P'ter Oct 20 2009 04:51 AM

Now you're e.g.g.-ing me on! :D

Getting the exact wording is generally exacting (and , occasionally, exciting)

jube Oct 20 2009 09:10 AM

Get yourself a googy-egg then!

P'ter Oct 20 2009 12:12 PM

In general that's a failed procedure. I just lie back and wait for the fictons to hit my brain.

Sandi Oct 20 2009 03:18 PM

Sometimes life's distractions encroach on creativity, but sometimes they enhance it!

P'ter Oct 20 2009 06:43 PM

When it comes to ideas; sometimes we have to sow some in order to harvest some later

jube Oct 20 2009 10:40 PM

Entertain wild thoughts then the easy ones come to life :D Is that how it goes?

Sandi Oct 20 2009 10:49 PM

Yes, unless the next day your head's still spinning from the wild entertainment!

P'ter Oct 27 2009 11:02 AM

Right. I think it's time to t.r.y. to answer.

That's your reward for dancing with the elves.

Sandi Oct 30 2009 12:54 AM

So really dancing is what causes the problem, not drinking?

jube Oct 30 2009 01:27 AM

Often I will dance around the house so yes let the good times roll :D to Pink or Lady Gaga or whatever is playing on Windows Media Player. I tend to download a lot of songs to listen to whilst here on MoM.

P'ter Oct 30 2009 02:15 PM

I thought 'Laisse Les Bons Temps Rouler' was by Jesse Winchester ...

Now my poor dumb brain is seizing up imagining Jube dancing round the house.

Sandi Nov 4 2009 11:07 AM

Well, bringing good ideas to the imagination is supposed to be beneficial.

P'ter Nov 4 2009 02:11 PM

Lovely!! now my brain cell will be all gooey like a daisy on a pizza!

Sandi Nov 5 2009 04:02 PM

Yet you yearn to poke it about and see what develops!