A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Games and Miscellany (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Game: The Last Letter - Word Game (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=5946)

Sandi Oct 3 2009 05:36 PM

Re: The Last Letter - Word Game

I will use my rolls to sop soup when I sup. And if they help put weight on, all the better for me!

P'ter Oct 3 2009 06:36 PM

If you get too much of a porcine podge, we'll have to get Lady M to paint a new portrait so that your avatar takes up the whole page.

Sandi Oct 3 2009 10:37 PM

Is eating everything expanding my stature?

P'ter Oct 4 2009 05:00 AM

Well ................

you're NOT going, going, gone!

Sandi Oct 4 2009 01:34 PM

:lol: Why not? At the Grandma Gala extra seats were added.

P'ter Oct 4 2009 04:05 PM

But: that's awful. Were they all for you? We'll have to use an awl to make some holes and let the extra out!

Sandi Oct 4 2009 04:35 PM

They're those plastic chairs stuck together in a line like little soldiers.

P'ter Oct 4 2009 06:14 PM

I do hope they don't have fixed bayonets! :brow:

If these posts get any more complex it will be easy to find an essay easier than every entry. (OH B%&*""! There're four of them. Well I'll only mark three.)

Sandi Oct 4 2009 09:14 PM

Very true, P'ter! Therefore I yield a yard of yellowed lace slightly gnawed by Martian mice.

jube Oct 4 2009 09:30 PM

Dead doorknobs don't talk or do they?

P'ter Oct 5 2009 03:43 AM

Only when they bite the hand that turns them! But don't you think that they look nice all smothered in chewed yellow lace?

jube Oct 5 2009 04:07 AM

Yes, that doorknob looks absolutely scrumptiously delicious in yellow lace :rofl: hmm...is that why I've got an extra scratch or 2?

P'ter Oct 5 2009 09:03 AM

Probably! However: I'm sure the blue dork nob in yellow lace looks far nicer than the princely ones from Yale or the fat ones from Chubb.

Sandi Oct 5 2009 10:22 AM

Err, either error or design has left me wondering how the dork's nob came to be blue. :egrin:

P'ter Oct 5 2009 11:44 AM

I'm reminding you that it was running away from rampaging biker mice until it was blue in the escutcheon (or whatever).

Sandi Oct 5 2009 02:02 PM

I think a giant gnat got my mind distracted. You are correct, of course!

P'ter Oct 5 2009 05:31 PM

Te he he! I'm right? The terminal brain cell fires again and totally transcends my taste bud.

jube Oct 5 2009 06:11 PM

Each English Earl eyes early earthworms. Say that 6 times fast :lol:

P'ter Oct 5 2009 06:50 PM

If you think I'm doubling up from three to six similar words you can laughingly head for the hot place.

Sandi Oct 5 2009 09:10 PM

Unusually X-tremely rigorous Yabba Dabbas take over an overworked brain! :eek:

jube Oct 6 2009 02:20 AM

Yes your six absolutely sanguine easy-as words will certainly put P'ter in his place. P'ter, if your brain feels over-worked, you may go back to using 3 words or perhaps just one :rofl:

P'ter Oct 6 2009 04:40 AM

So: rude Xoanon, you expect submission do you? :thumb nose smiley:

Sandi Oct 6 2009 11:30 AM

Overly exercised neurons undermine the notion that if we simplify the game more people might play.

P'ter Oct 6 2009 01:09 PM

If we don't revert to "Last Letter 101" it'll probably die like "word of the day" did.

Okay, Sandi, you did the last lot. Which one do we continue with?

Sandi Oct 6 2009 02:35 PM

I don't think we should go all the way back to simply posting a word that starts with the previous word's ender. That would just be Word Association in another form. We could still go for funny or conversational sentences as we've been doing but maybe without quite so many. Two or three? Should we wait to see what Jube thinks?

jube Oct 6 2009 06:02 PM

Quite happy to do anything from 1 word to 6 words, depending on which brain cells are working at time. I threw the sextet in because that's what came out at the time. And I've quite enjoyed playing this game, it's been fun and I don't want to see it stopped JUST YET!

Actually that's a good idea about doing silly sentences or conversational sentences because it's short and sweet and one can get a lot out in one sentence. I like learning new words and it improves one's spelling etc too because I've had to look at a dictionary on several occasions if I'm stumped for something to say. I'm happy to keep going. Might even get hubby in occasionally to help out if that would get more players to come in and get involved with us.

Sandi Oct 6 2009 07:17 PM

:good: Yes, do drag your hubby back in here. Now we've had our little pause for discussion we can get back to the game. Since I did the last bold face post I'll let one of y'all (or anybody else who happens to read through all this!) choose which of my silly words you want to play off of.

:eek: A dangling participle!:aaah:

P'ter Oct 7 2009 04:20 AM

Well; since physicists like to play with dangling particles, I'll choose "exercised" & "neurons".

Once upon a time there was a sad dangling particle saying to itself "If I hang around here, perhaps somebody will give me some support."

Sandi Oct 7 2009 10:17 AM

"Good Grief!" the particle thought to itself, "All I really want is someone I can be fond of!"

P'ter Oct 7 2009 04:20 PM

"Or better yet: another particle with whom I can blend. Though two dangles don't make a grammatically correct final statement."

Sandi Oct 7 2009 05:14 PM

So long as the point is understood, why should anyone, particle or blend, care about grammatical structure? ;)

jube Oct 7 2009 06:32 PM

Ohhh, goes to dictionary and tries to find something useful but grey cells just wants the basic designer words ;)

Sandi Oct 7 2009 08:35 PM

Have some :java: and some :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: to stimulate those cells!

P'ter Oct 8 2009 05:17 AM

Expurgated expletives! My brain cells don't need stimulating: they need calming down. Some nice purely mental tai-chi.

Rissa Oct 8 2009 07:05 AM

A silly simple song will help you free those brain cells! :p

jube Oct 8 2009 09:29 AM

Yay, eventually we're able to pass the gong onto a new person - waves at Rissa - welcome to our humble adobe of the......

Sandi Oct 8 2009 11:13 AM

YeeeHaw! You're going to keep playing, aren't you Rissa? Please, please, please!

jube Oct 9 2009 03:45 AM

Don't keep Sandi in the loop, Rissa, please! Where we need everyone to get up and have a go at it!

P'ter Oct 10 2009 05:16 AM

Yes! Everybody: even those who only play now and then.

jube Oct 10 2009 09:04 AM

Yes and this little black duck is going to bed now to think of eloquent words that don't always necessarily belong in my head :lol: Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite :nod: